Salary £23,836 - £26,999 pro rata
37 hpw, 41 weeks per year. Required as soon as possible.
- oversee the daily organisation and management of the library including the library timetable in liaison with the English leader;
- lead learning with students and teachers to meet educational aims and objectives through literacy and research;
- communicate with all community stakeholders/primary schools to ensure the successful operation of the library;
- be able to encourage students to achieve excellence and to inspire them to be the very best versions of themselves that they can be;
- be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills;
- have a higher/further education qualification or proven school librarian experience; a Librarian qualification would be desirable;
- have the ability to build good working relationships with all members of the school community.
Experience of working in a secondary school environment is desirable.
Closing date: 9am, 1 July 2019. Interview date: w/c 8 July 2019.
We can offer you a pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and access to gym.
An Active Learning Trust school with students aged 11-16.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.