We believe that having a uniform helps create a sense of identity and encourages self respect. Smartly dressed young people give a good impression of themselves and their Academy.
We believe our uniform is both smart and practical, and constantly strive to ensure it is of high quality but affordable. We rely on the support of parents in ensuring that our young people come to the Academy dressed appropriately, and presented smartly.
Use of Face Masks - please read
Academy Blazer- needs to be worn at all times*
Tie - worn at all times
Plain black trousers for all (skirts are not permitted). Trousers should be formal, ankle length and not tightly fitted.
Light blue collared shirt (approved by the Academy)
Academy jumper (optional)
Plain black leather shoes with medium or low heels
Plain dark jackets or coats, with a full zip or buttons
Plain dark socks
A school bag must be brought in everyday containing correct equipment.
Students can wear appropriate black knee lengths shorts (not cargo or leisure shorts).
PE kit – Indoor and Summer
Academy PE top
Plain navy blue shorts
White ankle socks
Non-marking trainers (for gymnastics no socks or trainers are to be worn)
PE kit – Outdoor (Winter)
Academy PE top
Plain navy blue shorts
Long black football socks (boys) and/or navy blue football socks
Football boots or sensible footwear
Shin-pads for hockey and football
Plain navy blue sweatshirt (no hoodies)
Plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms
Students following the BTEC Sport course, have the opportunity to purchase a polo shirt designed for the course. The polo shirts will have the Chantry Academy logo on the front with individual initials printed on the shirt. Students will be able to wear the polo shirt for BTEC practical’s, their normal PE lessons and when representing the school in any sporting fixtures. This is by no means a compulsory purchase; students are welcome to continue wearing their grey polo shirt, if they wish to do so.
If you would like to purchase the BTEC polo shirt, please follow this link https://www.touchlinestores.co.uk/collections/chantry-academy
- No make-up or nail varnish to be worn in Years 7 to 9.
- Discreet make-up may be worn in Years 10 and 11
- Hairstyles should be appropriate. Extreme styles (including brightly coloured hair will not be acceptable). Hair accessories should be discreet (dark colours).
- One plain ear stud in each ear, one plain ring and one chain worn under the shirt. Nose studs and eyebrow studs/bars are not allowed. A plastic retainer can be worn. No other facial jewellery is allowed.
- Shoes must not have visible logos, platform soles or heels with narrow ends, no backless shoes, no canvas shoes. Trainers and boots are not appropriate as a replacement for shoes. Trainers may only be worn for games lessons. They should not be worn around the Academy.
- T-shirts should not be visible under shirts.
- No caps or hats should be worn inside Academy buildings. Logo baseball caps are not permitted at any time
- Leather, denim, knitted and light or brightly coloured coats and jackets are not appropriate for the Academy. Hooded sweatshirts, any cardigans and non-Academy jumpers and other similar items are not appropriate as outdoor wear.
Should any problems arise over these guidelines for reasons of religious belief, we will be pleased to discuss them and agree some mutually acceptable clothing.
The Academy retains the right to decide what is appropriate Academy uniform and may respond to ‘fashion’ items as it sees fit. The decision on what is appropriate uniform rests wholly with the Academy and will be considered final.
*at the discretion of the Executive Headteacher